Using the Options Dialog you can customize several aspects of the application.
There are five tab pages:
|Font||Changes the font used in the Food, Exercise, Measurement and Journal views. Also used for reports.|
|Default Weight Unit||This is the weight unit that will be initially selected when entering a new quantity in the food view (if the selected food allows weight entry)|
|Default Volume Unit||This is the volume unit that will be initially selected when entering a new quantity in the food view (if the selected food allows volume entry)|
|Nutrient Decimal Places||This is the number of decimal places (i.e. digits after the decimal point) that will be shown when displaying nutrient values. Used in food view and reports.|
|Open Last file at startup||If this check box is ticked then the last file used will be reopened when the application starts.|
|Autosave Interval||The interval between autosaves, or switch autosave off|
|Password protect current file||Check this box to set a password for the current file.|
Setting a Password:
You can password protect the current file by checking the 'Password protect current file' checkbox and entering a password in the fields below. The password will take effect the next time you save the current file. When a password protected file is opened you will be prompted for the password.
- The password you set here only effects the current file.
- If you forget your password you will not be able to recover your data.
- A password protected file is encrypted so it cannot be browsed with a simple text editor (e.g. Notepad)
- Existing backup files will still contain unencrypted data, and in particular the backup made the first time you save after setting a password will also be unencrypted (since it is a simple copy of the previous file), subsequent backups will be copies of encrypted files.
- The encryption used is quite simple, enough to stop casual browsing, but not a determined hacker!
- The autosave feature will only try to save information if there has been
a change and there has been no activity for the last 20 seconds (to prevent
autosave while actively updating the log).
Calendar View Page
On this page you select and order the fields that you wish to show on the Calendar View.
Use the up/down buttons to change the order of the fields.
Food View Page
Use this page to select and order the columns shown in the Food View.
Exercise View Page
Use this page to select and order the columns shown in the Exercise View.
Use this page to add, delete and move the user defined measurements used in the Measurement View.
Use this page to add, delete, rename and move the meals used in the Food View.
This page allows you to change the colors used in the views and reports.
You can either double-click or press the 'Change color...' button to change a color.
Pressing the 'Default' button reverts the selected color to its default value.
Pressing the 'Default All' button will revert all the colors back to defaults.
Here is an example of recoloring the Food View: